Not sure about you, but I tend to crave healthy treats after all the Christmas and New Year festivities. I guess a few too many pieces of Christmas pudding, Christmas cake and a handful of cocktails will do that to you.
These cacao brownies are definitely in the healthy category, but are jam packed full of flavour. Added bonus — they don’t require any baking!
Perfect for when you’re craving something sweet.
Thanks for stopping by and to my sister for the original recipe.
Cacao Brownies (Gluten Free)
– 120g walnuts (or pecans if desired)
– 150g pitted dates
– 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
– 4 tablespoons shredded coconut
– 2½ tablespoons runny honey or agave nectar
– ¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Blend the nuts in a food processor until crumbly. Add dates and blend again until soft.
2. Add remaining ingredients and blend until you have an even mixture, but not liquified.
3. Spoon mixture into a baking tray and pat down. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours before cutting into squares.
4. Store in refrigerator.