Lately there’s been an abundance of ripe bananas in my house. I’m fussy though and will only eat them if they’re just beginning to ripen!
So instead of throwing them out I usually make this banana bread or banana and raspberry muffins I posted a while back.
I normally make this banana bread plain but this time around I decided to include some left over pistachios and frozen raspberries I had in the kitchen.
Thanks for stopping by and to my husband for the original recipe.
Banana Bread with Raspberries & Pistachio’s (Gluten Free)
– 90g butter or margarine
– ¾ cup white sugar
– 2 eggs, whisked
– 500g bananas, mashed
– 1¾ cups plain flour (gluten free)
– ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
– ½ cup frozen raspberries
– ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
2. Cream butter/margarine and sugar until pale and fluffy. Then add one egg at a time beating well.
3. Add bananas to mixture and beat again. Then stir in flour, bicarbonate of soda, raspberries and pistachios before pouring mixture into prepared loaf pan.
4. Bake for 1¼ hours until the loaf has risen well and firm.
5. Turn onto a wire rack to cool then slice to serve.