Over the past few weeks Inspired By Boo has been a little neglected.
I would love to say I was busy baking to share with you all but sadly I just haven’t had time.
Getting back into the kitchen this week though I decided it was probably time to bake something a little healthier.
Now I’ve probably lost a few points for choosing a healthy option but these Banana and Raspberry Muffins really are tasty. Bonus for being low fat, low in added sugar and full of fruit and fibre.
Banana and Raspberry Muffins (Gluten Free)
– 2 cups self-raising flour (Gluten Free)
– ½ cup LSA mix
– ¾ cup brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons reduced fat margarine, melted
– 1 cup (250ml) skim milk
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 3 medium (or 2 large) sized ripe bananas, mashed
– 1 cup frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tray.
2. Sift flour into a large bowl and add LSA mix.
3. Stir in sugar and make a well in the centre.
4. In a small bowl, whisk margarine, milk, egg, vanilla and banana together then add to the flour mixture.
5. Stir gently until mixture is just combined.
6. Spoon mixture into muffin tray and top with 5-6 raspberries (or as desired).
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched. Leave in tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Thanks for reading!