A few months ago I shared my Flourless Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Biscuit Recipe and told you about my love for peanut butter. But I just can’t go past the sweet and salty taste that peanut butter makes when it’s paired with the likes of honey or chocolate.
I know I’m not alone with this, so for the chocolate and peanut butter lovers out there I wanted to share my Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies that I made yesterday. They have that perfect salty and sweet taste. Such a great treat – I even took a couple to the ballet for mum and I to share.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free)
– ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
– ¼ cup sugar
– 1 cup unsweetend cocoa
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 large eggs
– 1 large egg white
– ¾ cup plain flour (gluten free)
– 6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter (I use the reduced fat kind)
1. Preheat oven to 170°degrees (325°F) and line a brownie baking tray (approx 13-9 inch) with baking paper.
2. Place butter, sugar, cocoa and salt in large bowl and mix until combined.
3. Stir in vanilla and add eggs one at a time, stirring after each one.
4. Add flour and ensure it is completely combined before beating briskly for 1 minute before spreading batter evenly in the lined tray.
5. Place peanut butter in a microwave bowl and heat until slightly melted, about 30 seconds.
6. Pour the peanut butter in small amounts over the brownie batter and swirl gently with a skewer to combine.
7. Tap once to to remove any air bubbles and bake for 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out slightly moist with batter.
8. Cool completely on a wire rack before removing the baking paper and cutting up into small squares with a sharp knife.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.